60th Graduate Study Programme
4 - 15 July 2022
United Nations Office at Geneva
" AGENDA 2030 AT HALFWAY: IMPLEMENTING THE SDGs AMIDST GLOBAL TURBULENCE "
The jubilee 60th Graduate Study Programme will consist of lectures given by representatives of the United Nations and other Geneva-based international organizations, visits to institutions, and daily work in groups under the guidance of moderators.
Please note that in addition to registering online, candidates should upload the requested documentation by the United Nations Information Service (see at the end of the online application form).
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary. As some discussions may be held in French (without interpretation), knowledge of French is also needed.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme at the time of application. Proof of enrolment will be required.
- Those who are already employed full time are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have participated in previous Graduate Study Programmes are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
The application form shall be accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s passport; a letter of recommendation (in English or French) from a university or a governmental authority; a proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme; and copies of previous university diplomas obtained.
Please note that incomplete applications will be automatically eliminated.
Once selected, successful candidates will be asked ahead of time to provide a medical certificate attesting their good health and a proof of medical insurance coverage in Switzerland for the duration of the GSP. These two documents will be accepted in English or French only.
Participation in the Graduate Study Programme is free of charge. At the same time, please bear in mind that the United Nations does not make any financial contribution towards visa, travel, board and lodging costs of participants. Governments, universities, private foundations, companies, or charities may offer grants to selected candidates.
Applications submitted after 11 March 2022 will not be considered.